Tuesday, August 12, 2008

A Little Of Everything (ALOE)

I do this posts when I have not updated this blog for two reasons, ONE, not time to blog, TWO too many things happening in a day to possibly blog about. So basically its a snapshot or summary of whats been happening with me.

August 2, 2008 : The 2nd Sabah Bloggers Meet


Picture borrowed from Chegu Carol

We were one of the sponsors and I think earlier sponsors. Jacq, one of the organizing committee met up with me as early as in March I think.

I think half of the bloggers there were like hesitant to approach us at first, with some of them asking "Jual kah ni?" ("Are you selling these?"). So my two cute staff were explaining that we are sponsoring meaning its free. Then more and more bloggers started coming for the ice cream. At the end, I think there were a few who didn't get their ice creams. We are sorry. We supplied 160 scoops for free, and first come first serve. Then there was a lady blogger, who came over, and took a photo of me and my display freezer. Then she asked me, "There I took the photo, can I have my ice cream?" I found that a little awkward (not in a bad way)... there was no ice cream left, only the few which I kept for the organizing committee but I gave her one scoop. The reason why I felt awkward was that it made me feel that she was forced to in a way take a picture of me and Vedablu in order to get the ice cream. That made me feel funny... because after all we are sponsoring. Of course it would be great if you really took a photo and post them out in your blog. Anyhow, if you happened to stumble on this blog, I hope you enjoyed your ice cream =)

I must thank you for the nice comments all of you gave on Vedablu on the multiple sites of bloggers I visited when I googled Vedablu and Sabah Bloggers Gathering. For those who have always been customers of Vedablu, we are happy to be giving back to you through these sponsored events.

I must also thank my team for setting up for the event, because I was so busy on that particular day, attending to the trainings and meetings. I honestly was buggered that night. Was a super busy week for me. Was so so tired hence my lack of cheery mood and you can see from the picture above. It was nice to see this event a success, and its a brilliant idea to see how it brings bloggers together.

Will post more photos up as and when the designated photographer hands me the photos.


Training For New Sandakan Franchisee
:

For the past 2 weeks the training for the new franchisee was being conducted. I think both of them have graduated marvelously. It was nice being with them. They will still be with us till the 19th this month. Vedablu, Sandakan is scheduled to be opened on August 31, 2008. The out is located near Giant and IJM. This Vedablu Shop will be the biggest so far, with Ground Floor, 1st Floor (available for event bookings) and an outside seating area.



New Menu for Vedablu Shops:

In the next couple of days we will be introducing a whole new range of pies, cakes, ice cream cake and Pasta at our City Mall Shop.

Pies:Chicken Pie, Coconut Pie, Peach Pie, Pumpkin Pie and Banana Pie.

Cakes: Tiramisu & Passion Fruit Mousse Cake

Ice Cream Cake:
Gourmet Ice Cream Cake (Layers of Chocolate Nutty Praline, Chocolate Mouse and Ice Cream)

Pastas: Chicken Bolognaise, Beef Bolognaise, Pasta Arrabiata, Pasta Marinara and Chicken Alfredo.

Watch out for the promotions!


My Group Study Exchange to Denmark:

The travel itinerary has been tentatively confirmed. I would be leaving on the August 29th and will be returning on October 6, 2008. This is longer then expected. However, I think it will be a good trip and a good change to scenery. Am also happy because I get to share with hundreds and thousands of people in Denmark about Sabah and of course Malaysia. In the weeks there I will be living with a few host families and I look forward to this because as I was growing up, we often hosted study and cultural exchange students.

There will also be a week of time dedicated of visiting and perhaps working in my vocation. Which is the ice cream franchise!! =) I will bring back more knowledge of ice cream and make Vedablu Ice Cream better. As the time nears, I am so worried about leaving work behind but at the same time excited with the thought of having new experiences.

I shall be bringing my lap top and hopefully will find the time to blog and post pictures of my daily adventures in Denmark.


Thats all for now...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

very cool.

Anonymous said...

very nice! hahahahaha

Anonymous said...

I really gotta say TQ again for the ice-cream sponsorship by Vedablu during the SBG! Everyone really did loved it!

And am looking forward to the new menu! If you need help in promoting online, you know who to call! ;)

Layne said...

Jacq: Sure thing, will drop an sms once the new menus are out. Will invite you and perhaps a few of our blogger friends to a special tasting =)

carolchs said...

hi elaine,

i must say, the mango flavored ice-cream is my favorite. i ever tried your vedablu's chocolate ice-cream but it was too sweet to my taste bud. but the mango flavored? i had two scoops that night, one from myself, and another i curi from my husband's portion. :)

Unknown said...

always love vedablu....
kind of bz lately on Sunday.
if not sure will drop by.
I went a few times to City mall store, but didn't see you there that time.

Layne said...

chegu carol: Thanks for the comments. Happy you loved the mango ice cream.

Sandra: =) grazie sandra. Yeah been really busy lately with other developments. i still go to the outlets but not as long hours already. Wrong timing... but hope see you togehter with indy & maya soon.

Anonymous said...

Special tasting? Looking forward to 'em! :)