Saturday, August 23, 2008

The Journey to opening of Vedablu Sandakan

With less then a week to the opening date of the Sandakan Vedablu franchised outlet, and awaiting completion of the renovation works, the anticipation grows. Those attending the opening and later be a regular patron will see the shop complete and in order, would not know realize the effort that some of my dedicate colleagues went through to get things in order for the opening. There has been alot of work going on in the background, items to order, compililation and alot of coordination with different suppliers. Today, the team working together, completed I would say 80% of the journey.


Ice Cream Display Freezer (500KG) already on, now to maneuvour the ice cream showcase freezer, steady does it.

The other 20% would be the unloading of all the goods that we sent from Kota Kinabalu on a 15 tonne truck, unpacking, arrangement, testing of all the equipments that has been tested here and programming done, final training, with all things in going through the operation & service flow of the outlet, duplicating our operating systems in Sandakan, etc.


Part of the chinaware...


I will not be there for the last 20% of the journey, but I am happy to be part of the team that did the most hard work. The team is not huge but consists of a few dedicated people who I think are amazing because they really went the extra mile. Christina (FC), Joyce (The PA, 8 mths pregnant and active), Laura (Production manager cum everything else when Im gone for 6 weeks), Kazumi (Acct Exec), Jairyn (Production Supervisor), Mamek and Jo (Production Asst), and the team whill be going there without me :( Nanie (Pastry Chef) and Siti (Team Leader). I know that you all be feeling the reward and satisfaction after all the hard work because we all share the same dream and nobody knows better then ourselves. There were so many little details...even the most petty details needed handling and I am confident you all will do well.



Part of the Vedablu printed packaging materials to be sent

Honestly, at times when I feel times are hard, I remember why we are doing this and look at your dedication and I am honoured to be associated with all of you. I don't think anyone else, inspite me documenting this here will know the 'difficulties' we all tackled.


Professional transporters/movers required for professional transporting needs


Tomorrow there is still the hurdle of the productions. As we really only produce on the last minute to ensure freshness. Tomorrow is again production day (on a sunday) to finish certain flavours that will leave on the freezer truck on Monday.

Although I will be flying off to Denmark for my study exchange and will not be able to participate in the opening, I am very excited and anxious for our franchisee and Vedablu. Wish I could be there but I have faith in the few team members and it will be the greatest outlet opening to date.











No comments: