Monday, March 2, 2009

Kuala Lumpur Trip


I probably go to Kuala Lumpur (KL) a couple of times every year. This time there was a purpose. To settle my 2nd brother, Eugene into his college and new living space for the next 3 years. I always look forward to tasting new ice cream when I am in KL because new Ice Cream Kiosk and Parlors are budding everywhere however somehow this time I did not get to taste any besides Gelatomio which is ownedd by a close italian friend of mine.

However, I did manage to have some other memorable snacks and meals. The first day we landed, my mum had a craving for steak so we went to Tony Romas in Pavillion. I had the prawn pasta which was delicious and they were really generous with the prawns. Brother, mum and aunt all had the rib combo.... huge!
I think smileys is a Tomy Romas thing because they introduced the sauces to us on a plate and it became a smiley (see above picture). Later when they came with the bill, it also had a smiley!



The next meal worth the mention was the Satay Celup in Melaka. Eugene loves this stuff, so we made a point to have some when we were in Melaka. We have something similar in Sabah called 'Lok Lok' but there is a difference. Here we place the food sticks to cook in boiling water then dip in peanut gravy. In Melaka, you cook your food sticks in boiling peanut sauce. Yummy indeed. I am trying to re-call the name of the place but I can't. But this satay celup outlet is the cleanest satay celup place in Melaka.



On a certain day, I decided to go watch a movie on my own. After an appointment and wanting to avoid the KL jam, I decided to watch a movie. It had to be in GSC Cinemas because I just love their caramel popcorn. I decided to watch the movie in The Gardens GSC Premiere Cinema. There was not even 10 of us in the cinema. I watched Valkyrie, real good movie while munching on my golden caramel popcorn ;)



Halfway munching... I thought of how this would make a nice topping on Vedablu Ice Creams. Just think of it! Caramelize popcorns and some Vanilla Bean ice cream... Mmmm

No comments: