Monday, July 28, 2008

A Little of Everything (ALOE)

What am I up to, currently burning the midnight oil again...

Things are getting more and more hectic and busy with the daily running and operations of Vedablu Ice Cream. Seems like I have been doing multiple jobs, it gets too many that I have to remind myself to focus on finishing a particular task to not get overwhelmed and over stressed with the load of work.

My calendar for the following week would be training for new Sandakan licensee, tomorrow finalizing of the SOP's for the new recipes and products that we will be introducing to you, some internal meetings to attend, and some external meetings & issues to manage and attend to, the 2nd Sabahan Bloggers Meet (click to see the list of bloggers attending) that Vedablu would be sponsoring on Saturday and also our first GSE Study Meeting to Denmark organized by Rotary International.



I am excited about the 5 week trip (31 Aug to 5 Oct) to Denmark, because of few reasons, I get to go off for 5 weeks to gain more insights from the best city to live in the world, also nominated happiest place to live in. Its good to broaden the mind sometimes elsewhere and not to think about just the work I do daily. At the same time, I can share stories on Sabah to another developing nation while learning about them. Denmark, one of the Scandinavian countries is also a very beautiful place.

I am starting to feel nervous though as the time approaches, because I have very little time to prepare for the time I will be absent from the business. Have got to secure, organize and delegate responsibilities for events that will be happening in September and October. At the same time there are presentations, gifts and cultural dances that we need to prepare for our trip to Denmark. This is the first time I am doing a cultural study exchange myself, however we always had cultural exchange students from Korea, Japan and America staying with us to few months to a year while we were growing up. My parents thought that it was good to have us experience cultures of others.

I hope that there will be time on the trip to continually update the readers of this blog on what I have learnt and seen daily. Still thinking to bring or not to bring my laptop.

No comments: