Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Quirky Tag!

I am so busy and not even supposed to be blogging here, but it is lunch time and I am so sleepy to be effective in doing work for the next half hour or so. I must fight this sleepiness, not easy after only about 4 hours sleep last night.

Becoming stressed out and was just dropping by to a few friend's blogs. I got a QUIRKY TAG from Melissa. Don't know how it works and how many quirky things I have to jot down, but will start and see how far I get.

Quirky things about me:

1. I am a chilli addict! The spicier the better. If I can I will put chilli in everything I eat. In soups,rice, porridge, noodles, pastas, pizzas, steaks, u name it. I think my spicy and hot tolerance is quite high and friends often wonder how I even taste the food past the chilli. See proof below:


Very spicy stir fry in Beijing


Look at how much chilli that was in that bowl!

2. I am quite an emotional person but also made strong after a few life changing experiences. I get hurt easily but also recover easily. Whats quirky is that, I have got this thinking where everything should be mind over matter and as soon as I decide to stop being emotional I build a wall and the problem cease to exist. So alot of people who do not know me well will regard me as cold and without emotion.

3. I am afraid and have a phobia of all kinds of insects no matter how small, especially cockroaches. In fact, I can sense a cockroach within a few meters radius from me.

4. I cannot whistle and no matter how hard I try whistling. So when people whistle I hum to the music.

5. I can never till now make a snapping noise when I snap my fingers.

6. I cannot eat outside alone.

7. Since I started to paint my toe nails when I was 17, I can't stand the sight of unpainted toe nails.

8. I don't like the idea of having to share a bed with another lady friend or even close relatives. When there are certain occasions which require me to share a bed, I will gladly relocate myself onto a sofa or the floor and give them the bed to themselves.

Thats all the quirkiness I can think of.

I now send this Quirky Tag to Jacq, Virgil & Ezoone!




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmmm.. comes to think about it, I shared bed with you before what...

Layne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Layne said...

Yes you did, most people are okay with it but I just feel queer. Out of respect of relatives and friends, I try to cope with the uneasiness the whole night though. If just one friend or one relative, they would feel weird if I relocate myself to the sofa. Don't u think?