Monday, October 8, 2007

The Serenity Prayer

Its lunch time and I am sitting in my office. My other staff asked me to go along for lunch but today I don't really feel like eating. Instead for the pass 15 mins I have been writting down my next 6 months life action plan. When I finished I did a silent prayer to ask the Lord to give me strength to do all the things I have listed down. Probably if there is anyone reading this now, you would probably be wondering what is the big deal. Well, the story will unfold itself as I fill this blog with more of who I am. Anyway, I looked up and saw my coffee mug. There was a prayer painted on it and for once I felt that this prayer summed up all my emotions and all that I needed to get through the next 6 months and do what was needed for myself. I want to give credit to the creator of this prayer but the name wasn't painted on my coffee cup. I will paste his name here once I find out.

THE SERENITY PRAYER:
God, grant me the SERENITY
to accept the things I cannot change,
the COURAGE
to change the things I can,
and the WISDOM
to know the difference.


Why does this prayer mean so much to me at this time? There are alot of things which I cannot change right now but I know with patience and time things will get better.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi,I have 17 years 8 months and 7 days clean & sober one day at a time. Every time I find my self in a frustrating situation I receit the serenity pray and keep my mouth shut and and remember who is really in charge of this world and my life.Thanks for letting me share.